- Postdoc Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics
- Ph.D. University of California, Berkeley, 1979
- B.S. Washington University, 1972
- Physics education
- Laser spectroscopy
- Environmental science
Professor Knight is the author of
- Physics for Scientists and Engineers: A Strategic Approach
- College Physics: A Strategic Approach
- University Physics for the Life Sciences
All published by Pearson Higher Education.
Professor Knight has served as chair of the APS Forum on Education. He is on Board of Trustees of the Land Conservancy of San Luis Obispo County and on the National Advisory Board of the Union of Concerned Scientists. He and his wife live in a passive-solar straw-bale house that is very close to having net zero energy use. Learn more about it at www.houseofstraw.net. Please email Professor Knight for more information.
- Fellow of the American Physical Society
- Fellow of the American Association of Physics Teachers